Monday, October 31, 2016

CRAFTY: "Creepy Crawly Crochet" by Megan Kreiner (Craft Book: Crochet)

Creepy Crawly Crochet: 17 Creatures That Go Bump in the Night
by Megan Kreiner

Publisher: Dover Publications
Genre: Craft, Crochet
Publication Date: September 21st 2016




Other Books by Megan Kreiner
Description from Publisher:
They're creepy but they're cute and cuddly, too! Inspired by classic literature, film, and folklore, these 17 crochet monsters will delight everyone with a taste for old-fashioned thrillers and modern tales of horror. Detailed instructions include assembly diagrams for ease of construction along with full-color photos. The patterns are suitable for beginners, but advanced crocheters will find them irresistible as well.

These fetching fiends include Boo Boo the Voodoo Doll; Jack, the Headless Horseman, and his horse, Nightmare; Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde; Carl of the Dead and Daisy, his Zombie Dog; and other sinister characters. In addition to their value as handmade keepsake treasures, these characters also make great gifts for fans of horror and science fiction.
My Rating:
My Musings:
The moment I saw the Cthulhu on the cover of this, I knew I had to have it! And it did not disappoint!

I've been crocheting for almost 8 years now and consider myself to be fairly advanced and to have seen my fair share of books and patterns. So when I say that this book has some well-written and obviously well-tested patterns, I mean it! That said, this is a book that is probably best suited for someone who is at least moderately skilled at making amigurumi, considering some of the stitches and techniques used.

The photos in this were also pretty darn fantastic and were accurate representations of what the creatures would look like when finished! (Nothing worse than an AmigurumiFail! right? ;) ).

The variety in this was also nice, with a good sprinkling of "creepy" creatures, most of which weren't overly "cute" and would be nice gifts for older kids (or, y'know, "kids" ;) ).


My Source: I received a digital ARC from the publisher to voluntarily review. This in no way influenced my review. My opinion is unbiased and my 100% own.

No comments:

Search